DownThemAll needs your support!
It requires a lot of time and some money to create the extension, keep up with browser changes, read and answer emails, bug reports and feature requests, and actually publish the final versions. Any contribution is appreciated. Thank you!
If you're new to DownThemAll!, have a look at our Welcome page with some introductory videos.
Major version changes
Version 4.11 August 23, 2023
- Added handling of the AVIF image format
- Improved handling of some media formats
- Updated translations (thanks to the translators!)
- Update third-party libraries
Version 4.10 May 24, 2023
- Updated Spanish translation (thanks to the translator!)
- Updated Portuguese-Portugal translation (thanks to the translator!)
- Improved translation auto-selection. This may result in some users that previously saw the English translation (that is picked automatically when no more specific translation can be determined) to see a different translation more in accordance with their browser language. Users can still change their preferred translation in the DTA preferences to any other translation that DTA contains.
- Some code still relied on the wrong translation functions, which in very rare circumstances may have lead to e.g. the wrong file type icons being disabled.
Version 4.9 April 26, 2023
- Fix some locales (in particular Turkish) not being correctly translated
- Add Copy Download Link/Open Link actions in the manager
- Detect some "lazy-loaded" image links on some websites
Version 4.8 Feb 20, 2023
- Various user interface tweaks
- Updated Swedish locale
Version 4.7 Jan 26, 2023
- Fixed an issue where on some specific occasions a wrong filename for downloads was chosen.
- Potential fix for the
*num*renaming match counter becoming "stuck".
- Some styling fixes.
Version 4.6 Nov 30, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the download database failed to initialize and therefore DTA failed to work for some Firefox users.
- Fixed an issue where DTA would not pick up server provided names after a redirect on Firefox
- Added a work-around for Chrome to reduce the likelihood of DTA conflicting with other addons when it comes to determining download names (best effort, as the entire Chrome API is a bit broken)
- Fixed an issue where DTA may have failed to import from .meta4 files
Version 4.5 Aug 2, 2022
- Second attempt at fixing the windowing issues across browsers. Both Chrome and Firefox had changed behaviors recently again.
- Added Portuguese-Portugal translation variant. Thanks to GabiBrawl!
- Updated translations
- Fixed some minor code issues!
Version 4.4 June 20, 2022
- Fixed some issues on Chrome where windows might have failed to display
- Fixed an issue where user-specified file names might have been ignored
- Added a
*pagetitle*renaming tag. Thanks to brownm09!
- Updated translations
- Fixed some minor code issues, also in part thanks to various contributors!
Version 4.3 November 11, 2021
- Fixed some issues where DownThemAll! would fail to work for users with permanent private browsing mode enabled as well as TorBrowser users.
- Hopefully fixed some issues where the translations would fail to load for some users.
- The Audio filter now applies to Links as well as Media.
- DownThemAll! will now use the title and description from metalink imports
- Context menu items in the selection and manager views can now be right-clicked
- Added some new translations: tr, fa, sv. And updated some other translations. Thanks to the people who contributed to these translations!
- Fixed an issue where the manager tab would load in the wrong window
- Fixed an issue where the selection window may not load.
- Chrome-based: Fixed an issue where the "overwrite" choice for file conflicts would not work.
Version 4.2 October 9, 2019
- Vastly improved name handling in Chrome. (Missing in Firefox)
- Dark theme support
- Improved the gathering of images in websites
- The windows, in particular the Manager window, will now usually remember the size and position correctly.
- Temporarily removed sounds on Opera. See #125
- Fixed some issues with the Import functionality
Version 4.1 September 21, 2019
- Subfolder dropdown. While it was previously possible to use masks for subfolders already, based on user feedback having a dedicated subfolder selection dropdown is more convenient and easier to discover.
- You can configure the browser button to more different actions now
- Play sounds: When the queue finishes, play a sound (can be enabled/disabled in the preferences)
- Delete files from within the manager
- Manager can now configured to be opened in a popup window instead of a tab
- Automatic retries (This feature relies on Firefox reporting errors correctly to extensions, which it only started doing in Firefox 71, which is currently available as Nightly).
Version 4.0 August 31, 2019
DownThemAll! reborn, as a WebExtension
DownThemAll! does not collect any personal information!
All information, such as your preferences and downloads, is only stored in your browser - under your full control - and the developers of DownThemAll! do not have access to this information. DownThemAll! is not monetized and does not contain ads. The project is financed by donations, including the time the developers and translators spend on maintaining the project.